Oversees the 2nd shift operation of a multi-shift manufacturing facility. Chargeable for guaranteeing that manufacturing, high quality, each day transport, efficiency, and security targets set by the Manufacturing Supervisor are met. Opinions upcoming manufacturing necessities with administration and requests any crucial adjustments to the work drive necessities. Acknowledges manufacturing issues and takes preventive or corrective motion to appropriate the difficulty. Recommends and implements adjustments to enhance high quality and cut back manufacturing prices.
Important Job Features
- Directs manufacturing operations and processes for a second shift
- Screens efficiency knowledge and works with the 2nd shift manufacturing group to hit established objectives
- Acknowledges and solves issues affecting manufacturing together with set-up, staffing, scheduling, high quality, and course of stream of the work orders
- Opinions upcoming work orders for necessities together with hours, processes, and supplies to find out when the roles might be full, notifying Manufacturing Supervisor if a date is not going to be hit
- Assigns work to the second shift workers, trains workers, completes efficiency critiques, and required self-discipline per the Worker Handbook
- Multitasks each day duties whereas prioritizing particular duties to perform each day objectives
- Holds the 2nd shift group accountable to firm coverage’s, objectives, and expectations each day and addresses group members when wanted by way of further coaching, self-discipline, and even termination
- Manages gear standing to enhance labor productiveness (together with downtime)
- Chargeable for guaranteeing manufacturing associates enter their manufacturing knowledge into ERP system precisely, helps stability associates each day entries and supply effectivity suggestions.
- Thinks with a Steady Enchancment mindset and works with the group to implement concepts
- Understands lean ideas and 5-S and works to implement all through the store ground
- Keep a protected working setting for the group
- Maintain conferences with 2nd shift when wanted to debate points (high quality, productiveness, attendance, following processes)
- Participates in Security Committee conferences and accident investigations if wanted
- Help the manufacturing ground in any manner you may to keep up clean manufacturing
- Understanding of kit and the power to troubleshoot points.